How to Choose the Best Office Cleaning Company
Selecting the right commercial cleaning services for your office space can make a world of difference in your workplace environment. A clean office can boost productivity, promote health, and improve your company’s professional image. However, with a myriad of providers out there, how do you choose the best one for your small office or large office building? Here are some key factors to consider:
1. Consider Your Specific Cleaning Needs
Your first step should be identifying your specific cleaning needs. These can greatly vary depending on the size of your office, the number of employees, and the nature of your business. For instance, a small office might require less frequent services compared to a larger office building with hundreds of square feet.
- Small Office: A small office might benefit from light, and regular cleaning, which includes dusting, vacuuming, and bathroom maintenance.
- Large Office Buildings: Larger spaces might need more extensive services, such as deep carpet cleaning, window cleaning, or specialized sanitation services.
Understanding your office’s unique needs will help you narrow down your options and find commercial cleaning services that offer exactly what you need.
2. Check the Company’s Reputation and Experience
Experience and reputation in the commercial cleaning industry cannot be overlooked. A company with a solid reputation and years of experience often indicates reliability and high-quality services.
- Check online reviews and testimonials to get a sense of their reputation.
- Ask for references from other businesses similar in size to yours. This can provide firsthand insights into the quality of their services.
3. Evaluate the Company’s Service Offerings
Not all commercial cleaning services are created equal. Some might focus on daily janitorial work, while others might offer comprehensive packages that include deep cleaning, carpet cleaning, and window washing.
- Make sure the company you choose can provide the specific services you need.
- If your office requires specialized services (like deep carpet cleaning), confirm that the company has the appropriate equipment and expertise.
4. Consider the Cost
Price is an inevitable factor when choosing a commercial cleaning company. While it’s important to stay within your budget, remember that the lowest price doesn’t always equate to the best value.
- Request quotes from multiple providers to get a sense of the market rate.
- Ensure the quote you receive includes all the services you require. Be wary of any hidden charges that might arise later.
5. Ask About Their Cleaning Schedule
A good commercial cleaning company will be flexible and able to work around your office hours to avoid disruptions. Discuss the cleaning schedule before hiring a service to ensure it aligns with your office timings.
Choosing the right commercial cleaning services for your office buildings involves careful consideration of your specific needs, budget, and the company’s reputation and offerings. With the right partner, you can maintain a clean office that supports the productivity and health of your employees.
Tasks Office Cleaning Services Are Responsible For
Professional office cleaning services typically offer a wide range of tasks to maintain a clean and healthy working environment. This range includes regular cleaning tasks that need to be done daily or weekly, as well as deep-cleaning tasks that may only be needed monthly or quarterly. Here’s an overview of the tasks an office cleaning company typically handles:
Regular Cleaning Tasks
These are tasks that are typically performed daily or weekly, depending on the size and needs of your office. They include:
- Trash Removal: Emptying waste bins and replacing liners is a daily task in most offices.
- Dusting and Wiping: This includes dusting desks, shelves, and other surfaces, as well as wiping down surfaces with appropriate cleaning products.
- Floor Cleaning: Depending on the type of flooring in your office, this could include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or steam-cleaning carpets.
- Bathroom Maintenance: This includes cleaning toilets, sinks, and mirrors, replenishing hand soap and toilet paper, and mopping floors.
- Break Rooms and Kitchen Areas: These areas require regular cleaning due to food preparation and consumption. Tasks include wiping down countertops and tables, cleaning appliances like microwaves and refrigerators, and mopping the floor.
Deep Cleaning Tasks
In addition to regular cleaning tasks, office cleaning services also perform deep cleaning tasks. These may be done monthly, quarterly, or on an as-needed basis, depending on your office’s needs:
- Carpet Cleaning: Professional carpet cleaning can remove deep-set dirt and stains, improving the look and lifespan of your office carpets.
- Window Cleaning: While interior windows may be cleaned more regularly, exterior window cleaning is typically a deep-cleaning task.
- Upholstery Cleaning: Office furniture, including chairs and sofas, may require periodic deep cleaning to remove stains and odors.
The key to ensuring that your office cleaning service does a great job is clear communication. Make sure you communicate your expectations and specific cleaning needs. Additionally, most office cleaning companies are flexible and can tailor their services to match your office’s unique needs. A clean office not only promotes a healthier work environment but also makes a good impression on visitors and potential clients.
Common Cleaning Check Points for Janitorial Services
Effective janitorial services are the backbone of a clean and healthy office environment. To ensure all areas of your office are kept clean, it is essential to have a comprehensive office cleaning checklist. Here are some common cleaning checkpoints that janitorial services often focus on:
Door Handles and Light Switches
High-touch surfaces like door handles and light switches are used frequently throughout the day by multiple people. These areas can easily become a hotbed for germs and bacteria if not regularly cleaned and sanitized.
Work surfaces include desks, countertops, and tables. These surfaces should be cleaned regularly, as they are in constant use and can quickly become cluttered and dirty. A thorough wipe-down with a disinfectant can help keep these surfaces clean and germ-free.
Office equipment such as computers, keyboards, printers, and telephones can accumulate dust and grime over time. These should be cleaned regularly to ensure they are in good working condition and also to improve the overall cleanliness of the office.
Restrooms are an essential part of any office cleaning checklist. They should be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized daily, including toilets, sinks, mirrors, and floors. Soap dispensers should also be checked and refilled regularly.
Conference rooms should be cleaned and tidied after each meeting. This includes wiping down tables, chairs, and any other surfaces, as well as cleaning any used equipment like projectors or screens.
Common areas such as the break room, kitchen, and lounge areas should be kept clean and tidy. This includes cleaning appliances, emptying trash cans, wiping down tables and chairs, and sweeping and mopping floors.
Floors and Carpets
Floors and carpets in big offices should be vacuumed and cleaned regularly to keep them looking their best. Depending on the type of flooring, this could also involve mopping or shampooing the carpets.
By focusing on these common cleaning checkpoints, janitorial services can ensure a clean, healthy, and safe working environment for everyone. It’s important to remember that a clean office is not only more pleasant to work in but can also increase productivity and decrease sick days.
The Cost of Hiring a Commercial Cleaning Service
When it comes to maintaining a clean and sanitary office environment, outsourcing your office’s cleaning needs to a commercial cleaning service can be a smart move. However, as a business owner, you’re likely wondering about the cost. Let’s break down the factors that influence the cost of hiring a commercial cleaning service.
The cost of commercial cleaning services can vary significantly depending on several factors. Here’s a closer look:
- Size of the Office Space: Larger spaces will naturally take more time and resources to clean, and thus will cost more. The cost is usually calculated per square foot or by the hour.
- Frequency of Cleaning: How often you require the service will also affect the cost. Daily cleaning services will cost more than weekly services.
- Type of Cleaning Required: General cleaning tasks like dusting, vacuuming, and trash removal will cost less than specialized services like carpet cleaning or window washing.
- Location of Your Office: Prices can also vary depending on your location. Services in metropolitan areas may charge more than those in smaller towns due to higher operating costs.
Many janitorial services offer a free estimate after an initial walkthrough of your office space. This walkthrough allows them to understand the scope of the work, the frequency of service, and any special requirements you may have. Following this, they’ll provide a quote tailored to your specific needs.
Before getting a free quote, it’s a good idea to have a clear understanding of what you need from a cleaning service. Make a list of the tasks you want them to perform and how often you want them done. Be sure to clarify any unique needs your office may have. Remember, the cheapest option may not always be the best. Consider the reputation, experience, and customer reviews of the service along with the cost.
Investing in a professional commercial cleaning service not only ensures a clean, healthy, and productive work environment, but it also saves you time and effort. The cleanliness and aesthetic appeal of your office are critical aspects of your business’s image, making professional cleaning services a worthwhile investment.
Average Cost of Hiring an Office Cleaning Service
Now that we’ve covered the various factors that influence the cost of office cleaning services, you’re probably wondering, “What’s the bottom line?” While costs vary widely based on the factors mentioned above, we can still provide some average cost estimates to give you a general idea of what you might expect to pay.
Cost Per Square Foot
The average cost of commercial cleaning services is typically between $0.07 to $0.15 per square foot for regular cleaning tasks like vacuuming, dusting, and trash removal. However, costs can escalate for larger office spaces and when more specialized services are required.
A smaller office might be at the lower end of the range. For instance, for an office space of 1,000 square feet, a typical estimate might be between $70 to $150 per cleaning session, assuming a standard service without the inclusion of specialized tasks.
For a larger office of around 5,000 square feet, cleaning costs might fall between $350 and $750 per session. Again, these are estimates and costs can vary depending on your specific needs and location.
In terms of hourly rates, the national average ranges from $25 to $50 per hour per cleaner.
Remember, while cost is an important factor, it shouldn’t be the sole determining factor in choosing a cleaning service. The cheapest service might not provide the best quality, and a clean, well-maintained office environment is invaluable. Always consider the reputation and quality of service of the cleaning company, and don’t hesitate to invest in a service that will uphold the cleanliness and professionalism of your workspace.
Top 5 Office Cleaning Services in 2023
Selecting the right commercial cleaning service can make a huge difference in the quality of work and cleanliness of your office space. Here are five of the top office cleaning services that have built a reputation for delivering quality and value in 2023:
- Jani-King Commercial Cleaning: Known for its exceptional quality of work, Jani-King is a leader in the commercial cleaning industry. They offer customizable cleaning plans to suit any type of business, including offices, retail stores, hotels, and hospitals. With a wide network of franchises, you’re likely to find a Jani-King service provider in your location.
- Coverall Health-Based Cleaning System: Coverall takes a unique, health-focused approach to office cleaning. By reducing the spread of germs and bacteria, they not only ensure your office is clean but also help maintain the health of your staff. They offer their services across various industries and are a trusted name in the commercial cleaning business.
- ServiceMaster Clean: With over 65 years of experience, ServiceMaster Clean is known for its professional approach and high cleaning standards. They offer specialized cleaning services like carpet cleaning, hard floor care, upholstery cleaning, and window washing, besides regular office cleaning.
- Anago Cleaning Systems: Anago is well-respected for its customizable cleaning plans and commitment to innovation. They are a great choice for businesses of all sizes, and their cleaning technology ensures a thorough cleaning every time.
- Vanguard Cleaning Systems: Vanguard is another top contender in the commercial cleaning market, offering a range of services from regular office cleaning to deep sanitizing procedures. They prioritize environmentally friendly cleaning practices and aim to deliver a clean, green office environment.
When choosing among these commercial cleaners, consider the specific needs of your business, such as your schedule, your office size, and any specialized cleaning needs. Each of these commercial cleaning companies can provide a clean and comfortable workspace that boosts productivity and leaves a positive impression on visitors.